Our 3-Year Practitioner Program is an expansion of our successful original Vithoulkas E-Learning Program. It is based on the highest educational standards according to the principles of Samuel Hahnemann. The program is presented in a synchronous on-line classroom format. Students experience Prof. Vithoulkas’s lectures and observe patient intake and prescribing as if they are in his classroom. Video studies as well as live lectures and cases are presented by our North American Instructors and Faculty Members. Class discussion before, during and after each lecture presentation is encouraged and commenced in our distance learning classroom via Zoom where students can see and interact with their instructors and peers.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: A total of over 1000 hours are included in this course, which includes the ACHENA minimum requirement of 500 foundational/classroom hours in classical homeopathy, and 500 clinical hours. Our program also includes the supervision and completion of all 10 supervised cases required for future certification.
– Program duration: 3 years
– Program start date: August 22, 2020 (Application Deadline: July 10, 2020)
The course is comprised primarily of:
- Foundations of Homeopathy
- Theory – homeopathic principles and practice
- Materia Medica – covers description and keynotes of 177+ remedies
- In Depth Clinical observation and participation –
- Students observe Prof. Vithoulkas’s case-taking and take part in interactive analysis. Live and paper cases with in-depth analysis, follow-up encounters and prescribing strategies.
- Summer intensive live clinics.
- Clinical observation modules with cases from Professor Vithoulkas and our international adjunct faculty.
- Independent Case Taking with Clinical Supervision
- Posology: The Science of Potency Selection and Repetition
- Homeopathic History (North American and International)
- Introduction to Homeopathic Pharmacology
- Homeopathic Ethical Practice, Introduction to US Healthcare Law, and The Business of Practice
Upon completion of the course, students take a final exam to obtain a Diploma from the International Academy of Classical Homeopathy. Students who graduate from our 3-year practitioner program are eligible to register to take the CHC board exam in order to become a nationally board-certified classical homeopathic practitioner.
The International Academy of Classical Homeopathy has been accepted as a candidate for accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Homeopathic Education in North America. IACH has demonstrated that it has met eligibility requirements and its curriculum is generally consistent with ACHENA educational standards. Schools that are candidates for accreditation are actively engaged in self- study and preparation for a peer review site visit. While IACH cannot guarantee that the school will be accredited, IACH is actively pursuing accreditation and believes that our program is consistent with ACHENA standards. Updates to IACH’s status with ACHENA can be found on the ACHENA website at: http://achena.org/resources/accredited-school-directory/