Professor George Vithoulkas
PROFESSOR GEORGE VITHOULKAS
George Vithoulkas is a Greek Professor of Homeopathic Medicine who is recognized worldwide as the personality who re-established homeopathy in the 20th century.
He is the only teacher to permit students attendance at all his live cases; he explains how to take a case, analyze it, and arrive at the right decision for a homeopathic remedy. But the most important advantage for students is that they can observe follow-ups and results after the prescription.
In this way, Professor George Vithoulkas demonstrates the whole case management process, revealing thorough and empirical information concerning the application of Classical Homeopathy. This process is similar to instructions offered at conventional medical hospitals.
Professor Vithoulkas’ knowledge comes from 60 years of tireless efforts to improve, through practice and constant research, the standards of education in order that the empirical effectiveness of the original Classical Hahnemannian Homeopathy will be recognized and accepted by Medical Universities and Medical Practitioners.
George Vithoulkas is today:
- Honorary Professor at the University of the Aegean, Greece,
- Honorary Professor at the State Medical University of Chuvash Republic (Russia),
- Honorary Professor at the National Educational Centre for Traditional and Complementary Medicine (Russia),
- Honorary Professor of the Pontifical Javeriana Medical University (Colombia),
- Honorary Professor at the All-Russia Scientific Research Center for Restorative and Resort Medicine of the Ministry of Health of Russian Federation
- Professor at the Kiev Medical Academy,
- Honorary Professor of PHEE “Kyiv Medical University”,
- Honorary Professor at Dnipro Institute of Medicine and Public Health (Ukraine),
- Honorary Professor at Dnipro Medical Institute of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (Ukraine),
- Doctor Honoris Causa of “Dr. Viktor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Timisoara (Romania) and
- Doctor Honoris Causa of “Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Cluj-Napoca (Romania).
- Vithoulkas is Senior Associate Member of Royal Society of Medicine, UK
- Honorary Member of Liga Medicorum Homeopathica Internationalis
- Honorary President of the Hellenic Homeopathic Medical Association (established 1970)
- In 1996, he was honored with the Right Livelihood Award (also known as Alternative Nobel Prize, rightlivelihood.org) “…for his outstanding contribution to the revival of homeopathic knowledge and the training of homeopaths to the highest standards”.
- In 2000, George Vithoulkas was honored with the Gold Medal of the Hungarian Republic, by the country’s President, Arpad Goncz, for his work in the homeopathic medicine.
- In 2000, George Vithoulkas was awarded by the Minister of Health in India with the Gold Medal as the “Homeopath of the Millennium”.
- In 2012, he was honored with the Honorary Award of National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education in Ukraine named after P.L.Shupyk (George Vithoulkas – Honorary Professor, a distinguished scholar and teacher).
- In 2020, he received the “Donor Award” of “Citizenry of the City of Meißen” for a lifetime achievement in the spirit of homeopathy by the Society of Homeopathic Doctors in Saxony, Germany (Meissen is the town in which Dr Samuel Hahnemann was born).
- In 2022, he was awarded with the Sheikh Zayed International Award for Homeopathy –Academic Field.
- In 2023, he was awarded the Honorary Fellowship of the Faculty of Homeopathy, UK, in recognition of his outstanding contribution to Homeopathy throughout his long career.
In 1980, George Vithoulkas was invited by the World Health Organization to write the first article on homeopathy for the book, Traditional Medicine, published by WHO, as well as the main article in the round table discussion for WHO’s scientific magazine, the World Health Forum  journal.
On the 11th of June, 1999, George Vithoulkas was requested by the Council of Europe to make a day- long presentation on homeopathic medicine (as part of their evaluation of alternative therapeutic methods) before the Social, Health and Family Affairs Committee.
In 1996, he was invited by the European Parliament to explain the position of homeopathy and after his presentation the European Parliament voted in favour for Homeopathy.
MAIN CONTRIBUTIONS TO MEDICINE AND HOMEOPATHY
- The Levels of Health – https://www.vithoulkas.com/contributions-prof-george-vithoulkas/levels-health
- The Continuum of a Unified Theory of Diseases – https://www.vithoulkas.com/research/scientific-papers/continuum-unified-theory-diseases/
- How an acute inflammatory condition could be transmuted to a chronic disease – https://www.vithoulkas.com/research/scientific-papers/integrated-perspective-transmutation-acute-inflammation-chronic-and-role/
- The Definition of Health –https://www.vithoulkas.com/writings/new-horizons/definition-of-health/
- How can Healthier Children be Born? – https://www.vithoulkas.com/research/scientific-papers/how-can-healthier-children-be-born-hypothesis-how-create-better-human
- The Science of Homeopathy – https://www.vithoulkas.com/product/science-homeopathy/
- The New Model for Health and Disease – https://www.vithoulkas.com/product/new-model-health-and-disease/
- The Materia Medica Viva – https://www.vithoulkas.com/product/materia-medica-viva-vol-1-13/
- The E-Learning Course in Classical Homeopathy – https://www.vithoulkas.edu.gr
- The Vithoulkas Expert System (VES) – https://www.vithoulkas.com/learning-tools/ves
- The Vithoulkas Compass – https://www.vithoulkas.com/learning-tools/vithoulkas-compass
- The Theories of Professor George Vithoulkas have been presented in Medical Congresses: – https://www.vithoulkas.com/research/congresses
In the following links https://www.vithoulkas.com/research/clinical-cases and https://www.vithoulkas.com/research/scientific-papers you may find the Research Papers of Prof. George Vithoulkas and his Research Team
On the 1st of June, 2010, the International Academy of Classical Homeopathy launched the E-Learning Program in Classical Homeopathy http://www.vithoulkas.edu.gr (with subtitles in 11 languages).
This course is an academic, on-line program based on the highest educational standards according to the principles of Samuel Hahnemann which is adopted and accredited by several medical Universities